Sunday, January 25, 2009

Scripture Sunday

A time for Everything

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die.

a time to plant and time to uproot.

a time to kill and time to heal.

a time to tear down and a time to build.

a time to weep and a time to laugh.

a time to mourn and a time to dance.

a time to scatter stones and time to gather them.

a time to embrace and a time to refrain.

a time to search and a time to give up.

a time to keep and and time to throw away.

a time to tear and a time to mend.

a time to be silent and a time to speak.

a time to love and a time to hate.

a time for WAR and a time for PEACE.

(Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8)


Okay, I got this idea since I have been seeing Silent Sundays or Sunday Stills.....etc. I thought I would do Scripture Sundays! This is to encourage. My goal this year is to open my Bible more and read and maybe this will encourage me. So if anything, I hope it helps me just a little to read my bible more. :)

6 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Very nice. Have a great Sunday!

gtyyup said...

I think you have a great idea! Hope your weekend was nice and your week ahead will be full of great days~~

Teresa said...

I agree, there must be a time put aside for the things that are and should be important to us.

Have a great week.

Heather said...

Hey Margo! It's not hard to post a link. When you start a new post and have the edit box open there is an icon that looks like a green ball with a chain link on it. If you hover your cursor over it it will say add a link. Type the words out that you want to be associated with the link, highlight them and then click that icon. A box will pop up and all you have to do is copy the url address in there.

When you preview your post it will show the words highlighted and then everyone can just click on them.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Thank you so much for your comment!!!Huge hugs - so glad it works for you both. I truly tried everything I could think of to get that man functional - probly why I put up with the abuse for so long. I did not mean to make light of the problem - I know so many do well on meds!! I had hoped dearly that he would too - sadly it was not to be. It is still very sad to me to see him stuck in that same place(my ex)!! It can be exausting emotionally - at best - if ya ever wanna talk - I'm here!!

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Oooh, great idea! I've been struggling to be consistent in my Bible reading lately -- maybe I'll try something like this.

Ecclesiastes is my favorite book of the Bible -- it's so calming and wise.